Welcome to our company
The Institute of Trade Finance Management and Practice of Nigeria Ltd/GTE is a non- profit educational and research organization dedicated to a better understanding of Trade Finance Management Practice, Law and their relationship to each other.
The Institute is undertaking the pioneering efforts of bringing together leaders of the letters of Credit Community from the Field of Banking, Law, business, academia etc. in forum and educational events to foster and promote the exchange of ideas in the area of Trade Finance Law and Practice.
The institute is governed by the Board with an advisory Council made up of professionals in the area of Trade Finance Management and Law
The Institute is a recognized Professional Body in Nigeria. The Institute is approved by the Federal Ministry of Education, Guaranteed by Federal Ministry of Justice and incorporated by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) RC. 990618
Its works shall involve issues as diverse as amicus curiae briefs, consultation on litigation issues, new products, etc. The Institute shall be in the forefront in the battle against financial instrument frauds, sponsoring local and international programs and publications directed at combating these scams.
The Institute was established in 2011.
The institute shall regularly bring together leaders of trade finance community from banks, law firms, regulating agencies, exporters and third party intermediaries in interactive forums and educational events designed to foster and promote the exchange of ideas.
- TO OPEN AND RUN A TRADE FINANCE MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE FOR THE PROMOTION, AND TRAINING OF TRADE FINANCE MANAGEMENT EXPERTS
- TO CONDUCT RESEARCHES INTO TRADE FINANCE MANAGEMENT AND LAWS
- TO DEVELOP AND PROMOTE THE PROFESSIONAL IDEAS, STANDARDS, ETHICS AND CODE OF CONDUCT IN THE INTEREST OF THE TRADE FINANCE OFFICERS AND MANAGERS.
- TO ORGANIZE SEMINARS, WORKSHOP, AWARDS AND INDUCTION OF TRADE FINANCE MANAGERS INTO THE INSTITUTE. ORGANIZING TRAINING WORKSHOPS AIMED AT UPDATING MEMBER'S KNOWLEDGE OF THE LATEST IN TRADE FINANCE MANAGEMENT PRACTICE AND LAW
- TO ENCOURAGE POTENTIAL TRADE FINANCE OFFICERS AND MANAGERS TO ACQUIRE PROFESSION QUALIFICATION, AND ORGANIZE CONTINUING EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM AND REFRESHER COURSES FOR THE PROFESSION.
- THE INSTITUTE SHALL ALSO EMBARK IN THE SPONSORING OF PUBLICATIONS OF JOURNALS AND MAGAZINES AIMED AT HARMONIZING AND EXPANDING THE FRONTIER OF TRADE FINANCE MANAGEMENT
OTHER OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE
The objects for which the company is established are the carrying on of the following in Nigeria:
- To promote the art, science and laws of trade finance management and practice
- To open and run a trade finance management Institute for the promotion, training of trade finance management experts
- To conduct research into trade finance management and laws
- To organize seminars, workshop, awards, induction of trade finance managers into the Institute, organizing training workshops aimed at updating members knowledge of the latest in trade finance management practice and law
- The institute shall also embark on publications of journals, magazines and publications aimed at expanding the frontier of trade finance management
- Shall provide facilities for the training of persons in the operation and maintenance of trade finance management technique in the formulation and administration of rules, procedures and practices calculated to increase the margin of operational trade finance management services
- To conduct trade finance management and laws training
To promote and maximize educational advancement on letters of credit, trade finance transactions and also to provide qualitative trade finance experts to our clientele through the most efficient and dynamic resources.
To be a global leader in letter of credit law and trade finance practice education.